At The Light Project we love letting as many people as possible know the good news of Jesus.
We believe everyone deserves to know that there really is a God who has made himself known to us through Jesus and that He loves us so much.
Today we embarked on something a little different and rather than looking to plant seeds of the gospel within crowds of people we looked to connect with just 4!
We made up 4 hampers with gifts that symbolise something of the Christmas story. I challenged the team to go and find gifts that could mean something and then we pooled them together to make 4 awesome hampers! We each had a tenner within our budget for our symbolic gifts!
The hampers also had a card explaining what each gift meant and the card read:
This hamper is a message:
“You’re invited to a King’s birthday party!”
- A mug for you to pause, take time to have a cuppa and think about the first Christmas:
- A crown to remind you of the baby who would become a King.
- Party poppers for you to celebrate his birthday on the 25th December.
- Gold coins to symbolise the gold brought by the wise men.
- Candles as Jesus brings light in darkness.
- A star to remind you of the one that guided the wise men and that Jesus can guide you too.
- Some candy canes as when you turn them upside down they make a ‘j’- may you know Jesus is the reason for the season.
- Lastly a heart to remind you that you are loved!