I’m working alongside the churches in Clacton on a mission in May half term called restore. (May 24th-29th) I’m looking for a small team to join me and The Light Project for this week.
Restore Clacton is a week’s focus to show and tell as many people in the town the one who restores. It includes all the churches in Clacton and I have the joy of working alongside them to help them in their mission as they work together.
There are three aspects to the week: 1) small groups from the churches coming up with their own ideas of how they can help restore Clacton. 2) helping the ongoing existing work that already goes on that serves and helps people in the town and 3) teams out and about in public spaces creatively showing the good news of the one who restores us to God.
re•store (rɪˈstɔr, -ˈstoʊr)
v.t. -stored, -stor•ing.
1. to bring back into existence, use, or the like; reestablish: to restore order.
2. to bring back to a former, more desirable condition: to restore a painting.
3. to bring back to a state of health, soundness, or vigor.
4. to put back; return, as to a former place, position, or rank: to restore books to a shelf; to restore a monarch to a throne.
5. to give back; make return or restitution of (anything taken away or lost).
6. to reproduce or reconstruct (an ancient building, extinct animal, etc.) in the original state.
Webster’s College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005
The last book of the bible reveals Jesus’ long term plan for all that has been made, but then broken and ruined: ‘I make all things new.’ He declares.
Jesus’ raison d’être is restoration. Old to new. Kingdom coming on earth as it is in heaven. New life where there is despair.
If you would like to join me, please let me know by emailing me at Chris.email@example.com
Please note before applying to join me you will need to: arrange your own transport, be ‘sent’ by your local church and be willing to make a contribution of £50 towards the costs of the mission for the week. (Food and a place to stay with a family would be provided.)