Here’s how the Baptist Times reported how I’m playing my part to see 400 new Baptist Pioneers over the next 5 years.
Duffett boost for Pioneer Collective
Baptists Together and BMS World Mission back the Pioneer Collective vision with three years of financial support which will enable regular direct involvement from Chris Duffett
Baptists Together and BMS are each providing £6,000 per year to enable Chris to spend this time in a variety of ways:
1. Being an ambassador for the Pioneer Collective, raising its profile through networking, teaching and training opportunities amongst Baptists Together.
2. Working with Associations and Partnerships helping them to develop unique strategies for identifying, training and release pioneers within their contexts.
3. Working with Regional Ministers to identify a ‘Pioneering Champion’ within each Association to be an advocate for pioneers and help see these strategies implemented.
4. Providing 10 days of training each year for Baptist churches and leaders helping them to engage with pioneering projects and release the pioneers within their own congregations.
5. Arranging short gatherings twice a year for the growing cohort of pioneers to share stories and mutual support.
‘I am delighted that Baptists Together and BMS have been able to support the vision of the Pioneer Collective in this way,’ said Simon. ‘Releasing Chris will significantly impact our ability to identify and encourage these new Baptist pioneers and, we pray, also contribute towards renewal in the wider life of our Union.’